Access to and around our campuses is an important strategic issue for UNSW. Future growth of the University will need to be supported by active and public transport and modes in order to reduce our environmental impact, minimise congestion and improve health and wellbeing outcomes.
We are working to improve our transport connectivity by focussing on improving pathways, wayfinding, policies, and key infrastructure upgrades. We are also assessing the environmental impact of staff travel and developing a plan to address the associated greenhouse gas emissions.
Ensure our campuses are easily accessible by multiple transport modes and our community is supported to make active and sustainable transport choices
- Increase the percentage of staff and students commuting by active travel modes to 20% by 2022.
- Reduce air travel emissions by 1% by 2022.
- Develop a Campus Transport and Access Plan.
- Provide secure bicycle storage and end-of-trip facilities in key campus locations.
- Establish processes to measure and offset business travel carbon emissions.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to expand AV and VC facilities and promote these as an alternative to travel.