We aim to eliminate single-use plastics, maximise recycling and minimise waste-to-landfill. By improving waste practices and behaviours we aim to conserve natural resources, make cost savings and improve waste awareness amongst our students and staff.
How to recycle on campus
UNSW has established 12 collection points for soft plastic recycling across campus. You can recycle any type of soft plastic that passes the scrunch test. This means that any plastic packaging that can easily be squeezed into a ball in your hand goes into the orange bin.
Following three locations are open to UNSW community and do not need swipe card access.
- Biological Sciences Building (E26) - Loading dock
- The Kensington Colleges (D17) – Parking behind Arc office
- Chemical Sciences (F10) – Loading dock
For all locations and other recycling facilities check the campus sustainability map.
For further information contact EM General services via email email@example.com.
- You can drop off undamaged single-use or rechargeable batteries of up to D size, old mobile phones and accessories, such as chargers, at the special recycling boxes located around campus including Library Level 2 (near main entrance), Arc Reception or the specific office recycling stations on campus. For all locations check the campus sustainability map.
- For larger quantities, raise an Archibus request here.
- For damaged or leaching batteries, or larger and any other types of batteries request free of charge collection as chemical waste by completing online chemical disposal form here.
For further information contact EM General services via email firstname.lastname@example.org .
IT e-waste: UNSW IT and EM General Services has established a free of charge collection and recycling service for IT based e-waste items including laptops, desktops, computer accessories, monitors, monitor stands, server racks, printers, and other relevant equipment. Please book an Archibus request here for e-waste disposal as non-billable and the items will be collected from your nominated location.
White goods and non IT e-waste: Contact EM General Services at email@example.com .
You can recycle eligible return and earn drink containers by putting them in white outdoor bins and help raise funds for sustainable waste management at UNSW.